I have concerns about my infant's or toddler's development...
If you have concerns about your infant to 3-year-old child’s development, you can start with your child’s pediatrician. The pediatrician can help you determine your child’s growth and development in the five developmental areas. The five developmental areas:
- Cognitive Development which includes skills needed to understand and process information and make decisions
- Physical Development which includes gross motor skills needed for sitting up, rolling over, crawling and walking as well as fine motor skills needed for chewing and swallowing, grasping, writing, using a paint brush or a spoon, vision and hearing
- Communication Development which includes skills involved in listening, understanding and expressing both verbal and non-verbal language
- Social/Emotional Development which includes skills involved in relating to other people and showing emotions
- Adaptive Development which includes self-help skills such as feeding, toileting, sleeping and accepting change in one’s environment
You can also consider making a referral for Early Intervention Services, which are also called Family Centered Early Supports and Services in NH.