My child is going to be 24 months, what is a transition plan?
Eligibility for ESS ends when your child turns 3. Your ESS Service Coordinator will start planning for transition begins when your child turns 2, or earlier if your child is found no longer eligible for ESS, or as soon as possible if your child enters ESS after 24 months of age. The Transition Plan will be a part of your child’s IFSP and will help guide you in making the best decisions for your child when he turns 3.
Transition Plans must:
- Support for your family in exploring future service options
- Lists activities to prepare your child for transition
- Lists parent training and information resources
- Include, with your consent, referrals to your local school district, local area agency family support, or other community resources
- Include, with your consent, arrangements for facilitating a Transition Conference with your local school district
- If your child might not be eligible for services from your school district, includes bringing together your family and team to discuss other services that might be helpful to your child and family.